About the trust
The Best Western Beacon Charitable Trust (BWBCT) was established over eight years ago for the benefit of any communities part or all of which lie within a 25 miles radius of a member of Best Western Hotels, Consort House or a customer or supplier of Beacon Purchasing in Great Britain, to give employees the opportunity to take part in organised charitable events and raise funds for a local charity without having to worry about the cost of taking part.
During that time, the Trust has proudly supported many employees in their charitable efforts, and as a result, has helped to make a huge difference to a range of charities in the local community.
To date, the Trust has:
- Received 128 applications
- Approved 100 applications
- Provided over £36k to cover costs of organising an event or taking part in an event
Helped to raise over £340k, which has directly benefited 92 local charities, including;
- Various Frodsham charities – The Best Western Forest Hills Hotel host the Frodsham Music Festival where they support a number of different charities in the local community. The Trust has supported this application four times for an average of £475 a time. This has generally covered the cost to install a stage in the grounds of the hotel. On average over £10k has been raised at each event.
- St Leonard's Hospice, York – This charity is very close to the hearts of employees at Best Western Central Office. The Trust has supported a number of applications. On average the Trust has supported applications for £133 which has covered entry fees for an 'It's a Knockout' obstacle course and raffle prizes from which over £7k has been raised for this charity over 6 different events.
- Yorkshire Cancer Care – The Trust supported an application for £75 to cover the entry fee cost for three people to take on the challenge of the York Three Peaks. From this small amount the applicants raised £1,200 for the charity, that's 11 times more than the Trust expects an applicant to raise for their chosen charity/cause.
Why not see what the Trust can do to help a little go further in your local community? Apply today.
Who we are
The Trust has five trustees who look at and approve each application which is submitted:
- Tim Rumney - BW Premier Collection Castle Green Hotel in Kendal and Best Western Plus Pinewood on Wilmslow
- Nick Swinscoe - Company Secretary
- Adrian Burrows - Director of Finance, Interchange and Consort Hotels
- Catharine McBurnie - Senior Digital Manager, Best Western GB
- Rachel Jackson - Website Executive (iSite), Best Western GB and Trust Administrator
Help the trust
From cake sales to bike rides, triathlons to 10k's, the Best Western Beacon Charitable Trust will be organising a number of events throughout 2017 and will be taking part in local events to try to raise awareness of the Trust and raise the crucial funds it needs in order to continue supporting good causes in local communities.
If you'd like to find out more about getting involved, or you'd like to hold your own event in support of the Best Western Beacon Trust, simply get in touch to tell us what you're doing.
If you'd like to find out more about any of the events the Trust is planning – from baking a cake in support of the cake sale, donating a prize for one of the raffles, or volunteering to take part in a sponsored hotel bike ride, simply email the Trust to let them know.
How to make a donation
The Best Western Beacon Charitable Trust is happy to accept donations, big or small, and what’s more, any money donated is exclusively used to help make a difference to others who need it.
If you would like to make a donation then you can do so in one of two ways: